Saturday, March 29, 2014

Where's My Willpower?

At the beginning of this year, I was doing great. I set all these goals for myself for personal and professional development and for my fitness. I started off really well. I was reading motivational books and working out consistently, but my groups for these things have ended, and now I'm struggling.

In January and February, I did some training to become a better health and fitness coach with Beachbody. I was really motivated and learned a lot about myself through some personal development exercises. But now, the training is over, and it's tough to keep up motivating myself.

And as you know, I just finished up the 21-Day Fix. I was also leading a support group of other people following a plan of 21 days of healthy eating and exercise, so that kept me accountable. The weekend after I finished the program, I met my parents for the day. They gave me a chocolate pizza as a belated birthday present. That is a circular piece of solid chocolate with icing (awesome, right?). It lasted about 4 days. I did share it, I promise.
It's amazing how quickly sugar cravings come back. I am always up and down with my eating habits. I try really hard to eat well, and I buy mostly natural foods (no preservatives, dyes, bleached flour, added chemicals, etc.), but snacks are snacks even if they're organic.

So it's time to continue the hard work and not undo the progress I've made, and I think an accountability partner would help. We check in daily and help each other stay on target with whatever our goals may be. Have you ever done that? Do you have someone you just naturally go to that keeps you moving toward your goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment