Wednesday, March 5, 2014

21 days to a healthier me - cereal please!

It's day 3 on my 21-day journey to becoming healthier, and all I can think about is cereal. Kind of odd, because I don't normally eat a lot of cereal. But, carbs and sugar are limited on this plan, and cereal has the best of both.

Day 3 - The Food
I have been hungry the past 3 days, and for me, that means being tired, lightheaded and sometimes seeing stars. After reading some different conversations from other people who have done the Fix, I decided to bump myself up to the 1,500-calorie bracket. Weight loss is not a goal for me on this program, and I could afford even to gain 5 to 10 lbs. I think this will help me stick to the plan better by having more food.


I have had fun with the containers. They have really helped me make better choices. Normally, I would grab a granola bar or steal some of the kids animal crackers, maybe consume an entire box of Annie's White Cheddar Bunnies for snacks. But now, I fill up a container of fruit or vegetables. Right now, I am eating an awesome snack of yogurt, granola and pumpkin seeds. It's encouraging for the kids, too. As I made my snack, my daughter asked for her own.
Snack by color
Day 3 - The Workouts
I chose this program because the workouts are all 30 minutes, and with kids in the house, that is all the time I can get. My 16-month-old should have been taking a nap, but, of course, today he decides not to sleep. With a shorter workout, though, he can play in his crib. My 5-year-old hung with me during the warm-up and then decided to do her own exercises. I only stepped on her once.

Today's workout was lower body, which I definitely need. These workouts are a lot more challenging than I thought they would be. I am sore from yesterday, and I am looking forward to lifting my butt through workouts like today's.

Once I get the right amount of food figured out, I think this will be great. And I just keep reminding myself of the end result every day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment