Sunday, March 2, 2014

21 Days to a Healthier Me - The Warm Up



Starting Monday, I am making a whole-hearted effort to do the final toning I want to do to lose the post-baby mush that’s hanging around. I haven’t bought a new swimsuit in 5 years, and I’m not ready to just yet. But in 3 weeks, I will be.

I’m doing a new program called the 21-Day Fix. I measure out portions of different food groups in color-coded containers to determine my intake for the day, and I do a 30-minute workout every day. At the same time, I am leading a group of friends through 21 days of clean eating to help us all stay accountable.

So far, I have figured up my caloric intake for the 21 days. This is not as easy as it seems. I am a thin person by nature, and this program is definitely geared toward those looking to lose weight. The first recommendation is to start at a calorie deficit. Following the formula provided, my recommended calorie intake would be about 820 calories (you’re supposed to round up to a minimum of 1,200). So, I am using the formula for weight maintenance, which is my weight in pounds x 13. This brings me to 1,404 calories per day. According to the chart, that means I get 3 green containers, 2 purple containers, 4 red containers, 2 yellow containers, 1 blue, and 1 orange. I am a little concerned whether that will be enough food with the workouts, but I think that is because it's not the foods I really want to eat. (Red containers are protein and yellow are carbs/legumes/cheeses.) I am replacing my breakfasts with a meal replacement shake (because usually it’s that or no breakfast), which counts as one of my red containers.

21-day fix, shakeology, beachbody, weight loss, weightloss, calorie counter, portion control
There are no lattes or candy on this plan, and really limited carbs. I really need to break my sugar habit, so I’m looking forward to this, and I definitely need accountability to stay away from the sweets for the next 3 weeks.

Here goes, wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment