Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Progress!

We are making progress in quite a few areas lately. Now that my husband is unburdened by his job, he has plenty of time to demolish the upstairs of our garage, which we have been talking about turning into a home gym. The garage is detached with two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs, and it's nearly 100 years old. So far after tearing down a few walls, he has found a rotted window, a squirrel's nest behind the wall and some scorched wood where there was once a good-sized fire behind the wall.

The good thing is this is keeping him distracted from looking for a new job. It is scary being without a primary income, but we both agree that it's best for the family to get some perspective and choose a new path forward that doesn't involve being enslaved by the corporate world.


As for me, I have been staying busy with my own business as a health and fitness coach and my 21-day journey to being healthier. I'm about halfway through, and I'm really happy with the progress I've made. Although I slipped over the weekend, I've gotten back on my eating plan. The bloating and puffiness in my stomach has gone down. I have more energy, and my workouts are getting a lot easier. My stomach is definitely getting more toned. I will have true before and after shots, but here's a progress photo from today. (Excuse the face, I had not put on makeup yet. Oh wait, I still haven't put on makeup.)

The main thing that hangs around is the loose skin in the middle. I stretched out way more than I knew was possible while pregnant. Moms, does that ever go away or firm up somehow? Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment