Monday, March 3, 2014

Getting started is the hardest part

Today was day one of the 21-Day Fix, and it was tough but fun. I did a 30-minute total body cardio workout this morning, and that was challenging. For the past two weeks, I have barely exercised at all, so I felt like I was starting all over again by doing this workout. It was one-minute intervals with 20 seconds of rest in between. I think the rest parts are what made it hard for me. It's a lot easier to keep moving, but when I get my heart rate up and then slow down fast, I get nauseated. But, I have no doubt that tomorrow's workout will come easier. The first day is always the hardest.

Then there was the food using my color-coded containers. This was actually pretty fun. I know how I should eat, but I have never tracked my food intake or really watched what I eat much. Although that doesn't make me overweight, I don't get the results I want when I don't eat right. For breakfast I had a shake with cherries, blueberries and couple slices of banana.

For a post workout snack, I had plain yogurt with some vanilla extract and a teaspoon of granola. And lunch was delicious. I had a corn tortilla with avocado and sliced turkey and a salad with a creamy herb vinaigrette dressing.
The containers really made me pay attention to what I was eating, but it will be an adjustment. I eat very little meat normally, but the protein (made up of meat and soy products) container is the one I get the most of. I have always said I need to eat more protein, so I think this will help me build muscle mass. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and to eventually kicking my sugar addiction.




No comments:

Post a Comment