Sunday, March 16, 2014

Recommitting

I'm in the final week of the 21-day fix, and it's time for me to really push hard. I have made much better eating decisions during the past two weeks, although certainly not perfect, and I've learned a lot.

I never thought I was an emotional eater, but with all the changes going on recently, I've definitely craved more comfort foods (lattes, sweets in general, cheese crackers). I have to remember that I began this program to get in better shape and to lessen those sugar cravings.

I started trying to make up for some of the bad choices this weekend (cake pops at a birthday party) with dinner tonight. Grilled chicken on a kale salad with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pepper and lemon juice drizzled on top. This equaled three of my vegetable containers and one protein.


This week, I am going to double up on my workouts. I've done really well doing a DVD every day. 30 minutes makes it easy to fit in. I even did a workout with Evan playing in the same room one day. This week, I am going to add in a gym workout along with the DVD or do two DVDs some days. My birthday is Tuesday, and I will probably eat out next weekend, so I am pushing hard for the next 5 days.

It won't stop after that, though. I have plans to revisit my original Combat workout or try a muscle-building program that I've been putting off.

I will be ready for summer this year! What are you doing to get ready for summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment