Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Musical Motivation

Music is probably the top workout motivator for me. When I do group fitness classes or at-home workouts, I love ones that are choreographed to loud, upbeat music like Zumba, Piloxing, TurboKick/TurboFire or Combat.

I tried running again today. It's been at least 6 weeks since I've been on a treadmill, and I can honestly say I haven't missed it. But I have two mud runs coming up in about 2 months, so I thought I should give running a another try. The only thing that gets me through even 10 minutes on a treadmill (20 minutes is my absolute max before I'm bored to tears) is good music.

For fun today, I am sharing a sampling of my playlist. I have a fairly schizophrenic taste in music, and it shows up in my running playlist. Since my iPod died, I have been limited to what's on my iPhone. Previously, my playlist would've also included songs from Michael Jackson, Vanilla Ice and Trina. But here's some of what I listened to recently.

1. The Seed 2.0 - The Roots
2. Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair - Arctic Monkeys
3. Flesh and Bone - The Killers
4. Soobax - K'naan
5. Hollywood - The Cranberries
6. Hypnotize - System of a Down
7. Kiss with a Fist - Florence and the Machine
8. Open Up - The Dead Weather
9. This Is What Makes Us Girls - Lana Del Ray
10. Waiting for the End - Linkin Park

What's on your playlist? What songs or bands really fuel your workouts?

No comments:

Post a Comment