Thursday, December 18, 2014

2014 Year in Review

Sharing personal information is still a little uncomfortable for me, but I feel like I need to record this year for posterity. It has probably been the craziest year of my life (just sliding past the year I graduated college, officially left home, got married, changed my name and started my first job).

We've had good times and bad. Triumphs and emotional breakdowns. Every member of the family has had new experiences, and, although things weren't always easy, I feel like we have grown so much.

The Summary
My husband walked out on his job and started a contract job 3,000 miles away. My oldest started kindergarten and my youngest started preschool. I began seeking out new freelance writing clients and have begun building a sustainable writing business.

As most of you know, in the middle of the year my dad passed away. That has been extremely difficult, and I still miss him every day as I try to include some of the silly things he used to do with me with my kids.

The good, bad, unbelievable, and exciting
  • My youngest walked solo
  • Daughter built first snow fort
  • Husband quit his job
  • First time being unemployed since he was 15 years old
  • Preschool graduation
  • Said goodbye to Buddy, our cat of 13 years
  • First kayak ride for the kids
  • First carousel ride for my oldest (5 might be a little late for this, but she's cautious)
  • Husband took his first contract job
  • Our first time living 3,000 miles apart
  • Put our first house on the market (I guess selling will have to wait til 2015)
  • Son started speaking in sentences
  • Daughter started kindergarten
  • Son started preschool
  • Oldest turned 6
  • First and second pet fishes for the kids and me
  • First Ferris Wheel ride for the kids
  • First time on an airplane for both kids
  • First time for kids seeing and dipping feet in the Pacific Ocean
  • First trip to LA
  • Daughter got her ears pierced
  • Son turned 2 and had a birthday party for the first time
  • Record for most illnesses in one season
  • Husband finally got that 1/2 sleeve tattoo 
Thank you to everyone who has helped us out so much this year. It has meant a lot, and we love you all.

Here's to 2014 and all the uncertainties ahead in 2015.




No comments:

Post a Comment